Gender Concerns International is an international development organisation based in The Netherlands. It was formed in 2004 by a group of experts with extensive professional experience in the field of gender and development. We believe that establishing a gender balanced society requires action in poverty reduction, sustainable development, economic empowerment and political will. Gender Concerns operates on both a national and international level, supporting the United Nations (UN) declaration made at the UN 4th World Conference on Women held in 1995. Gender Concerns also supports the first European policy statement on gender and development. In addition, Gender Concerns International is signatory to Schokland Treaty (An MDG Initiative - Millenium Development Goals) and the Dutch National Action Plan for the implementation of UNSCR 1325.
- To participate in the process and promote the vision of establishing a gender-balanced society.
- To build capacity for gender equity in targeted communities.
- To connect and facilitate communication on gender equality amongst individuals, groups and organisations at various levels.
- Gender justice in conflict and peace (GJCP)
- Gender and disaster management(GDM)
- Gender and democracy (GD)
- Gender and minorities (GM)
Areas of Expertise
Gender Concerns International specialises in:
- Consultancy and advice on gender issues
- Lobbying and advocacy for gender balance
- Organisation of campaigns, conferences, seminars, workshops and forums for dialogue
- Developing and facilitating training programs
- Project planning and management