Gender Concerns International is an organization that runs with the subsidies and grants of city councils, ministries, co financing organisations, and private donations. With increase in our work we need to be more efficient in relation to developing counties especially in Afghanistan and Pakistan and the region. Your donation will be brought directly to the women over there.
Giro 15 83 698
Gender Concerns in Emergency and Rehabilitation programs
Urgency in operational measures
Women and Earthquake in South Asia
In general, there are two aspects in disaster response situation. First is the possibility that in such situations more likely an immediate response is delivered mainly as a male-dominated quick action product, exclusive of the participation of the target group (men and women). Second aspect is the fact that the most recipients of those quick action programs are womenin particular. Women who suddenly have to act as, the heads of households and the natural providers of all comfort and relief to their families in a circumstance that is already unbearable for them to cope with in the first place.
The mission was an attempt to attend to this contrasting aspect of whole relief and rehabilitation operation and this repot however aims to help identify and highlight the gaps hindering a just provision of a humanitarian help to the people of the target groups. People (young and old) are men, women and children. Focusing on one should not be at the cost of neglecting the other.
Gender Aspects must be integrated into relief and emergency operation from the beginning. In house gender expertise must be a component of E&R department. This can form a special unit available to all advice and action as well. The unit/person:
- can help plan, monitor and execute all E&R national and international programmes.
- can make sure that within the department in house expertise will reassure that a more just humanitarian assistance is available in a basic relief package
- can help design, monitor and implement human justice in deliverance of dignified assistance to the affected people.
- should prepare special training programs to build the local capacity of women
- should visit regularly field offices and staff and must make sure that the consistency in policy and implementation of gender balanced programs are implemented and maintained
All gender aspects of sectoral actions recommended by previous findings, inclusive of Sphere and other humanitarian recommendations are endorsed and further emphasized in this report.